Monday, September 8, 2008

Hope is a choice.

Actually, I think hope is many things, among them, a choice. Stop. Breathe. Look around. Is this world full of evil? To be feared? Is it really you versus everyone else? Or is there Beauty (another name for God?) behind every corner? Are there a Thousand Points of Light, as George Bush the Greater showed us. Check out Marcus Taylor’s blog. Marcus is the web guru for Candler School of Theology and a fantastic photographer. He publishes a new photograph- like the yellow daisy above- every day or so. I think Marcus captures much of the Beauty in the small things. He certainly helps me to slow down, to pay attention, to be open to the Spirit who is present whether I am aware of Her or not. I especially love the ironic One Way sign!

Thanks, Marcus.

No comments: